Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Download shit - Buy art!

I’ve always been against downloading. But I download TV Shows and music: Music, so I can check out a band. I’m not going to risk a bad purchase when it comes to music, but I’ll buy it if I like it. And TV Shows, because I can’t wait for it to air on Norwegian Television.

BUT I don’t like downloading, and I have always bought DVD’s, and still do. Mainly because I am a collector, but also because I feel that it is wrong. I hate the anti-download commercials, but as they say; it’s stealing. Now, we all know that the horror genre hasn’t got a good treatment recently with all the remakes currently being made. There are 50 remakes in production or pre-production in Hollywood right now. And most of them are perfect movies, which have withstood the test of time and are classics to horror fans and fans of movies in general. But some of them have barely got their theatrical release when Hollywood starts planning the remake. I think the remake of REC - Quarantine, is the perfect example of how fast remakes are being made today. And recently I thought about it; when is this going to stop? Never! Because they top theatre and DVD-charts, and that is because people go and see them at the cinema, and buy the DVD’s, of course.

I am one of them; I buy them and watch them at the cinema, because I don’t download. But I am now pro-download - but only of shitty horror remakes. I downloaded Quarantine last night. A movie I don’t even think I want to see, but I’m not going to buy the piece of shit. So I’ve found a loophole in my own belief. You can download! As long it is a shitty fucking remake. Fuck you Hollywood. Never again am I going to purchase your remakes legally.

What the hell is it with Americans anyway? Do you seriously have to remake a movie just because you can’t handle subtitles? Then dub the freakin’ things! I understand you in some ways; I don’t like subtitles either, it keeps me distracted from what’s going on, on the screen.
But I love foreign movies, mostly Italian and Asian, so I have to deal with that. And when there is a choice between – Lets say: Italian Dub or English Dub, I use the Italian Dub and English Subtitles – Because I want to make the experience as real as possible.

There are good remakes. But most of them where made in the 70’s or 80’s - Jon Carpenters The Thing and David Cronenbergs The Fly are one of the best. And this was prime time for horror.

Keep downloading these god-awful movies, and maybe then Hollywood will get creative again.

No comments: