Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Holy shit! Biggest news this year!

This isn't new, BUT I was drunk when this wonderful news was announced, and been ever since! So I'm forgiven for being a little late:

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will be releasing Fred Dekker's NIGHT OF THE CREEPS! It is coming out on a directors cut special edition DVD, which is the very first offical release of this classic. It's going to be the director's cut with the original ending.

''We're going to go balls to the wall with the special features on it...I talked to Sony today its official, we're going ahead and its coming out in October!' 'It's officially In production...and moving forward, its coming!'' - Michael 'Slipcase' Felsher - Red Shirt Pictures

This is great news. I just got the VHS, but I can't wait to see this on a proper DVD release, and next to my Monster Squad DVD on the shelf!

There is also talk about a Blu-ray release. Which would be even greater!

This is amazing news :)

4 comments:

Jocke Andersson said...

Then I can retire my vhs, taped from Filmnet. With the cemetery ending. :) Finally.

Things are looking good this. First Absurd, then Night of the creeps. :)

Patrick B said...

Absurd is also getting released? Hmm. Didn't know that.

Jocke Andersson said...

Mya is releasing it, in June I think it was

Patrick B said...

Mya is doing a really good job with their releases. Can't wait to get Fatty girl goes to New York by Lenzi :)